Thursday, October 8, 2015

Skin Reveiw: Ironside Maliphite


Leagues newest skin launch "Ironside Maliphite," was just released. Maliphite is a tank/fighter champion nicknamed "Shard of the monolith." Normally he hones a very earthy appearance, similar to Mao Kai. In fact, they both look so much alike, (like Groots) that I can never tell them apart.

When it comes to skins, what makes me rate them is the same thought process as before I buy (or wish I could buy) one. What it really depends on, is whether the skin looks better than the champion themselves. And what I mean by looks, I mean in-game. Often the cover art for some skins and champions are very deceiving.


I mean.... The similarities are just. Striking. *nudge nudge* Among his other skins, I have to say this Bildgewater rendering is his best skin. The glacial Maliphite just makes him look like Taric joined the furry community. Mecha Maliphite I feel they should have waited on. While they did good on it. I feel like they should have released it as a "PROJECT" skin.


The cover art of the Ironside Maliphite skin looks quite silly to be honest. The other Bildgewater character renderings beside him look far more interesting than Maliphite. (Especially the Bildgewater Garen. He reminds me of the antagonist in the Avatar movie. Actually as personal preference of mine, Garen's standard look is horrible. And Rugged Garen, should be his actual standard look.)
Luckily though, the in game look of Ironside Maliphite gives him some justice.

Sadly though, his in game effects haven't seemed to change much. As well, this skin just doesn't look remarkably better than his original. And rather makes him look like a hodge-podge Blitzcrank.
If you however happen to like this skin, you can pick it up for 975RP.

My rating: 4/10 cups of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Your commentary is very funny! I wish I could see the first picture, though, the caption for that one made me laugh and I'm sure the image would only make it funnier.

    ReplyDelete