Sunday, January 3, 2016

Tandem Mode

This was an idea that my boyfriend had brought to me, and I thought it would make GREAT thing to try, and that it would be entertaining as well. Unfortunately my computer is taking a dump with recording, so i'll have to tell you about how it went.

First off, what is playing Tandem? Well, ever heard of a tandem bike? You know, a bike with two seats and two pedals, but only one steering wheel. Well it's like that, only its on a computer and it's much more difficult.

Traditionally if you're right handed, your left fingers are on the QWER buttons, and your right hand controls your mouse. {Left hand: Abilities, going back to base, Summoners Spells.} {Right hand: Leveling up abilities, panning camera, aiming, walking, and auto attacking.} When playing Tandem however, only person works the keys, and someone else the mouse.

Before I talk about the experience with David and I, I'll talk about where he got this idea from. The match was about 30 minutes, but, this video will just go over the highlights. {If you couldn't tell already, the "All-Star" series. Is the equivalent to top members of the NFL nationwide {only this is worldwide}, all coming together to play backyard games of football in ridiculous ways such as; Blindfolded, Three Legged, all Offensive, all Defensive, and with their hands tied. All for the sheer enjoyment of their fans.

Playing in Tandem requires both of you to have a lot of skill with that champion, and for you to have good communication. It's best that when playing this way, you pick a champion who doesn't do a lot of skill shots. {Abilities that you aim, and can be blocked by just about anything, and thus wasted.} It was said that team ice was handicapping themselves, playing such difficult champions, on this mode. And in a way from the first fight, they were right. However, within just few minutes their communication game went up, and they landed skill shot, after skill shot, after skill shot. {I cannot say David and I were so lucky.}

Now as for, my experience. David suggested we play Lucian in an AI game to start with. Not a bad choice, considering Lucian was the second marksmen I learned to play. And it went so well, I figured lets take it to the next level. Lets play Syndra in a PvP game tandem style.

I wish I could show you how bad that went. Considering Syndras kit is all skill shots apart from her ultimate. We debated to much he flat out took the computer away from me (even though i'm a better Syndra player than him.) But a lesson is learned. Never play Tandem mode unless you're in a custom game with a bunch of friends and they're playing like that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment